Shopping is an addiction. You can’t stop shopping when you’re addicted. Even if you are working full-time or tired, you might very well find time to wander around the shopping malls. If you are a bargain hunter, I am sure you will spend the majority of your vacation time shopping.
If you are planning for your next holiday destination, consider Singapore. Singapore is a very popular shopping destination, with many famous shopping malls to satisfy your crave. If you are in Singapore, you must visit places like Orchard Road, Suntec City, Marina Square and Vivo City.
In this article, let me share with you 5 shopping tips so that you can have an enjoyable shopping trip in Singapore:
- Bring more credit cards: Many restaurants and boutiques give credit card holders discounts. Bring along more credit cards to get the most out of your shopping experience. You can get different discounts for your goods depending on which card you have. Visa, MasterCard, and American Express are accepted at almost all boutiques and restaurants.
- Goods and Services Tax: As of this writing, all goods and services in Singapore are subject to a 7% GST. Some price tags do not reflect net prices.
- Visit Singapore in June: Schedule your trip in June to make sure you get the Great Singapore Sale. The GSS is the year’s biggest shopping event, with great discount coupons on branded goods and services. Aside from the GSS, there are sales during the Chinese New Year period, which occurs around the end of January or early February.
- Bargain: When purchasing items from roadside stalls, you should always bargain. When some unethical sellers notice that you are a tourist, they will quote you a much higher price. So, only accept the first offer as the final offer.
- Check the taxi metre: When taking a taxi in Singapore, make sure the driver uses the metre. When they see you as a tourist, some unethical taxi drivers refuse to use the metre. When boarding a taxi, always check the metre. Do not take his car if the driver refuses to use the metre.
Furthermore, every year from May to June, there is the Great Singapore Sale (GSS), during which you can get up to 75% off goods at prominent boutiques and malls. So, plan your June trip to make sure you get the GSS.