Built by one of the most important and influential doctors in the chiropractic field, Dr. Clarence Gonstead, the Gonstead method for chiropractic care. In this method, the Gonstead chiropractor focuses on the foundation of the human body, the foundation that is built by the pelvic girdle and on which the musculoskeletal framework stands and functions. The stability and balance of our spinal column depend on a balanced pelvic girdle, and the body suffers when the girdle becomes imbalanced or rotates out of alignment.
In the present day, chiropractors use varied methods to correct and align the foundation and framework of the body, which further helps heal multitudes of aches, ailments, and even allergies. The Gonstead method primarily focuses on the musculoskeletal foundation, adjusting and aligning it to treat different issues and problems. Conducting a systematic analysis of the spine utilizing its five principles that help diagnose and determine the occurrence of the vertebral subluxation complex
- Motion palpation
- Static palpation
- Analysis via x-ray
Ailments treated by a Gonstead Chiropractor
- Colds and allergies: A surprising fact is that chiropractic care can successfully cure colds, allergies, and compromised immune systems. The Gonstead chiropractor works on the nervous system, releasing its stress by adjusting the spinal column and removing vertebral subluxations or distortions of the spine. This results in improved functioning of the nervous system, which is responsible for the body’s immunity.
- Arthritis: A breakdown of the joint cartilage over a period of time is diagnosed and characterized as Arthritis. The degeneration of the joint affects its functioning, and restoring and maintaining its function is the main focus of the chiropractor. Chiropractic care involves enabling better movement of the joints and building muscle support to help ease the pressure on the joint and stabilize it.
- Slipped disc: Our spinal discs have a poor supply of blood, making them dependent on the joint fluids and their circulation for nutrients and to expel waste. The health of a disc declines when the spinal joint loses its normal movement, leading to problems like a slipped or ruptured disc. If the problem is not addressed, this could lead to serious complications. Many patients have been able to avoid surgeries and prolonged medication for pain with the help of chiropractic care.
- Fibromyalgia is an extremely complicated condition that is thoroughly investigated to find the root cause of the symptoms, based on which your Gonstead chiropractor will design a treatment plan for you. Scientists are working on finding a cure for this disease, but chiropractic care can help you manage the symptoms. By manipulating the joints and tissues, the chiropractor helps in the effective management and reduction of pain.
- Sciatica: Sciatica is one of the most widespread ailments suffered by many people of all ages. The sciatic nerve can become irritated, pressurized, and suppressed due to many reasons, like muscle spasms, inflamed joints, or bulging discs, causing extreme pain. The chiropractor does a thorough examination to reach the cause of the pain and makes the necessary adjustments to ease the pressure on the sciatic nerve. They will also give advice and guidance on making the necessary lifestyle changes and exercises to help you stay pain-free and mobile.
- Insomnia or sleep issues: By treating and working on the subluxations in the upper cervical spine, a Gonstead chiropractor increases the capacity of oxygen flow, which improves nerve functions. Chiropractic care effectively cures sleep-related issues by gently mobilizing the joint and adjusting the chest muscles and cervical spine for increased blood flow. Additionally, they also guide you to do regular neck stretches for improved flow of oxygen, helping you sleep better.
- Loss of hearing: One of the earliest successful cases of curing deafness with chiropractic care dates back to 1895. The third most common ailment in Americans aged 65 years and older is loss of hearing; arthritis and hypertension are the first two. Approximately 25% to 40% of older Americans suffer from it. A chiropractor can create changes in the auditory system by manipulating the neuromusculoskeletal system. Further adjustments to the spinal column also have a positive effect on the central auditory system. Clinical observation has noticed a marked difference in hearing capabilities after just one chiropractic session.
Apart from the above ailments, chiropractic care has been assisting and curing many more diseases and health-related issues. It is always advisable to consult your doctor and do proper research, before you begin a new treatment.